January 8, 2021 / Maggie Wilson
Struggling With Netgear Orbi Purple Light? Get That Fixed Now!
Is your Orbi router continuously showing purple or magenta LED? Well, you are not alone! It is one of the most common issues experienced by Netgear Orbi router users. However, you can fix the Netgear Orbi purple light issue with a few troubleshooting tips. And this post covers all those troubleshooting tips to help you fix the purple light on Orbi router. Continue reading.
Possible Reasons Behind Orbi Router Purple Light
Let’s get to know first what causes the purple or magenta light on Orbi router:
- There is an internet network issue.
- The Orbi router fails to sync with the satellite.
- Your Orbi WiFi router is running some system diagnosing processes.
- The fiber cable or internet wiring is damaged or worn out.
- You may also see a magenta or purple light on Netgear router due to an internet connectivity issue from your ISP’s side.
- Idle WiFi network or longer hours of inactivity may also make the Orbi router flashing purple light.
- The RJ45 Ethernet cable is not connected to Orbi router properly.
- In case there are some changes in the Orbi router configuration, you may see Orbi purple light.
- The Orbi router’s firmware is crashed, corrupted, or outdated.
- Malware and viruses can also incorporate within your Orbi WiFi system, resulting in blinking magenta light.
- Maybe your Orbi router includes some infected files that might get inside your system while downloading the firmware file from an unsecured website.
- Chances are that your Netgear Orbi router may have some serious defect.
How to Fix Orbi Purple Light?
Let’s have a quick glance at some possible fixes to get rid of the purple or magenta LED on Netgear Orbi router:
- Be sure that there are no loose cable connections.
- Sync your Orbi router with satellite in a proper way.
- Place the Orbi router and satellite in close proximity.
- In the event that all cable connections are proper but you are still seeing Orbi purple light, turn off your Orbi router and disconnect each wire connected to it. After doing so, wait for some time. Next, turn on your Orbi WiFi router and connect all cables again.
- Keep in mind that the adapter is connected to your Orbi WiFi router properly. On the off chance if you are making use of a third-party adapter for your router, make sure that its output is the same as that of the original one.
- Verify whether the RJ45 Ethernet cable is firmly connected to its respective port.
- Ensure that there is a cat5e wire connecting your modem to the Orbi router.
- Update your Orbi router’s firmware via orbilogin web page.
- If you are still seeing the Orbi purple light or magenta LED, disconnect all cables and wires and turn off your Netgear Orbi router for some time. It may turn the flashing purple light on your router to white.
- Once done, turn on the Netgear Orbi router or modem back. Let them boot up properly.
And there you are! This way, you can rectify the Netgear Orbi purple light or magenta LED issue. However, if your Orbi router is still flashing magenta or purple LED, don’t forget to contact our skilled experts and let them help you out.