December 16, 2020 / Maggie Wilson
Orbi WiFi Unstable Issue is What You Are Facing?
Is your Orbi WiFi unstable? Can’t you make the most of your Orbi? Here’s how to fix an unstable Orbi WiFi connection by tweaking some of its settings. Let’s get started!
Orbi WiFi stability issue can be caused due to wireless congestion. The more people using the same WiFi channel as your Orbi, the greater the instability issue is what you experience. For those who are keen to know the fix for Orbi WiFi unstable issue, this troubleshooting guide can be of big help.
How to Fix Unstable Orbi?
When plenty of devices are on the same channel, they will push each other down and lead to instability issues. Fortunately, the issue can be fixed by changing your WiFi channel. However, you need to access the settings of your Orbi to get the job done. Here’s how to do it!
- Make sure your Orbi is turned on and all the LED lights on it are showing green.
- Access the orbilogin com web address by opening a web browser on your computer.
Tip: You can use any web browser of your choice, though the one you use must be updated to the latest software version.
- Once you reach the Orbi login page, enter your username and password. Keep in mind that the Orbi accepts case sensitive credentials, so use the details accordingly.
- As soon as you select the Log In option, you will be directed to the Orbi setup wizard.
- Reaching there, navigate to settings and select the Wireless option.
- Admin WiFi settings will appear.
- Select the Channel option to switch from your current WiFi channel to the other.
- If you are using 2.4 GHz, for instance, switch to the 5 GHz.
- You are advised to choose the channel which works best for you. This can be done by experimenting with different channels.
- Select Apply to save all the changes.
Now access the internet on any of your devices connected with your Orbi and see if the Orbi WiFi unstable issue has been fixed or not.
Troubleshoot Orbi WiFi Unstable Issue
Sometimes, the unstable WiFi issue can also hamper your overall internet experience due to WiFi interference from other devices placed near your Orbi. In such a situation, keep your Orbi away from devices emitting radio waves like microwave ovens, Bluetooth speakers, baby monitors, cordless phones, refrigerators, etc.
Updating Orbi firmware can also help you fix the unstable WiFi issue. Perhaps, your Orbi has some flaws, which could be fixed by updating its firmware to the latest version. To get the firmware, you need to first check for the Orbi model you have and install the update accordingly.
You might face the instability issue on your Orbi WiFi due to the wrong placement of the device. Position your Orbi in a central location and make sure you place it on a higher surface and that too in open. Also, move metal objects, aluminum studs, and fish tanks at least six feet away from your Orbi in order to minimize WiFi interference and reduce signal loss.
Still Your Orbi WiFi Unstable? Get a Proven Solution!
If nothing works for you and still your WiFi sucks, the best way is to approach Orbi experts for quick help. Perhaps, there is some other issue with your Orbi which is resulting in unstable WiFi. Our technical experts will diagnose the issue for you and get your Orbi fixed so as to help you make the most of your Orbi.