Netgear Orbi AX6000 Setup
Ever thought of accessing WiFi speeds up to 6Gbps with 12 WiFi streams of WiFi 6 technology? Well, installing a Netgear Orbi AX6000 mesh WiFi system will make it possible for you. Due to the combination of a router and satellites, the AX6000 mesh system by Netgear won’t let your home remain a maze of dead zones anymore. It means you enjoy 8K ultra HD streaming and play an online game at the same time with the help of this tri-band mesh WiFi AX system. But, above all this, you can’t deny the fact that to take the advantage of this mesh WiFi system, you need to do Orbi AX6000 setup first.
What happened? Have no clue about installing an Orbi mesh wireless system? Well, this page will be your guide then. Although we’ve talked about the steps to install the AX6000 mesh system, however, you can use these steps to perform Netgear Orbi setup for other models too.
But, before that, we would love to shine some light on unusual features of the mesh WiFi system under discussion that make it an absolutely incredible piece of technology. So, stick to reading and learn what other benefits you will be reaping after completing the Orbi AX6000 setup procedure.
Netgear Orbi AX6000 [Incredible Features]
1. MU-MIMO Technology
The AX6000 mesh WiFi system is MU-MIMO capable thereby facilitating simultaneous data streaming on ‘n’ number of devices. Remember when we said that you can stream UHD videos and play online games at the same time? Only this feature makes it possible.
2. Beamforming Technology
The entire purpose of making an Orbi system equipped with Beamforming technology is to focus wireless signals on the targeted devices for better internet accessibility. FYI, Netgear Orbi AX6000 provides implicit and explicit beamforming for all frequency bands.
3. Tri-Band WiFi
This very mesh WiFi system supports a tri-band configuration. The very first band works with respect to 2.4GHz frequency whereas the other two support 5GHz frequencies. On the other hand, the router’s powerful quad-core 2.2GHz processor makes it capable to deliver groundbreaking performance.
Apart from these features, the Orbi AX6000 router consists of 8 high-performance internal antennas and power amplifiers. Four Gigabit LAN ports are ideal to access the internet on wired devices. You can add up to 3 satellites and control the entire home network with Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant. However, to do Netgear Orbi AX6000 setup, you need to install the Orbi app on your mobile phone. In the next sections, we’ve discussed how to use the Orbi mobile application to configure your mesh system.
How to Do Netgear Orbi AX6000 Setup | Orbi App
The process of installing the mesh system begins right with its unboxing. However, you need to make sure that you’ve received the router unit, its power adapter, and the satellites inside the package. Additionally, they are supposed to be damage-free. Once confirmed, give a shot at the instructions mentioned below to learn the setup steps of your Netgear Orbi AX6000:
- Place your AX6000 router in the modem’s range and satellites in the router’s range.
- Switch on all three WiFi devices [host modem, router, and satellites].
- Now, grab an Ethernet cable and connect the router to the modem.
- Thereafter, press the Sync button on your Orbi router and satellites.
- Let your Netgear Orbi AX6000 devices sync.
- A moment later, launch the Orbi application on your mobile.
- Create your Netgear account [if you haven’t one].
- Input the router’s admin information and select Sign In.
- Now, consider following the on-screen instructions after adding the satellites to your home network.
Netgear Orbi AX6000 Setup Issues
Getting issues while installing the Orbi mesh WiFi system is a common thing. You can also face problems while installing your AX6000 mesh WiFi system. Provided below are the most common ones
- I am unable to add a satellite
- My Netgear Orbi AX6000 won’t connect to modem
- Orbi satellite pulsing white
- Solid blue light on Orbi satellite
- My Orbi won’t connect to app
- Orbi satellite out of sync
- Can’t log in to Orbi app
- Orbi won’t detect satellite
- Netgear Orbi can’t get IP address
- My Orbi is blinking white
- Can’t log in to Orbi admin
What to Do After Netgear AX6000 Setup?
As soon as you complete installing your Orbi mesh system, you need to make some tweaks to its settings. First of all, change its default WiFi password which is known to every second person out there. We’re sure that you’re not paying internet bills for WiFi leeches. In addition to this, you are required to:
- Assign a new admin password to the Netgear Orbi AX6000 router
- Update the mesh WiFi system’s firmware
- Hide the SSID of the router
- Add more satellites [if needed and feasible]
- Change WiFi channel and MTU settings
- Use keywords to block websites
- Block access to unauthorized users
- Set up a guest network
- Enable AX feature
- Monitor the internet traffic