January 27, 2021 / Maggie Wilson
How to Configure Orbi Port Forwarding?
Do you have a server in your home WiFi network? If yes, it is possible for you to get certain types of traffic for reaching the server. For instance, you can make an FTP server, local web server, or gaming server available to the Internet. Your home WiFi router then will forward the traffic coming to the Internet to computers or various devices that are on your local network with the help of specific protocols. You can then mention the servers for various apps as well as mention a default server to which your home router would be forwarding all other incoming protocols. If you want to know how to configure Orbi port forwarding then this write-up will give you an overview of the same. Let’s get started!
Steps to Configure Orbi Port Forwarding
- Before you start the Orbi port forwarding process, you are suggested to decide which application type, service type or game type you want to offer.
- Now, locate the local IP address of the server that is currently used by your network providing the same service. If you don’t know the IP address of the server, get in touch with our experts for help.
- Proceed further by opening an internet browser on your computer that is connected to your Orbi.
- Now, access orbilogin web address by typing it in the web address bar of your browser. Make sure to type the default web address into the web address bar and that too without making any typing errors.
Note: Make sure the web browser you are using to access orbilogin is updated to the latest software version and is not packed with the junk of cache and cookies.
- The second you press the Enter key, Orbi login window will appear on your screen.
- You will then be asked to type your username and password to get the Orbi login success.
- By filling in the username and password of the Orbi, try accessing the dashboard or graphical user interface of your device.
- Under the Settings option, select Advanced
- Find the Orbi Port Forwarding option there and select it.
- For selecting the option, simply tweak the radio button and leave it selected as the service type.
- Now select the service name under the list of Service Name.
- Just in case you can’t find the service name you want to select in the list appeared, you can create a custom service.
- Heading forward, enter the IP address of your device under the field name Server IP address.
- As soon as you hit the Add button, the job of configuring Orbi port forwarding will get done.
- You will not be able to see the name of the service in the list.
This is how you can configure Orbi port forwarding. We hope that you find this write-up helpful. If at any step while configuring Orbi port forwarding, you get stuck and need assistance, feel free to contact our technical and proficient professionals for quick assistance. Our experts are available to help you fix any issues related to Orbi port forwarding. You can also seek their help for any other issues related to Orbi routers.