May 11, 2021 / Maggie Wilson
Steps to Troubleshoot Netgear Orbi RBR50 Firmware Update Failure Issue
If you want your Netgear Orbi RBR50 router to work for the long run, then it is recommended that you update its firmware. Orbi RBR50 router is designed to get updated automatically. However, sometimes, your WiFi device may become a pain in the head by refusing not to auto-update. And sadly, Netgear Orbi firmware update failure can lead to end number of issues.
One of the common reasons behind your Netgear Orbi isn’t updating is because of a weak internet connection. But, the good news is that the troubleshooting tips mentioned in this blog post can help you resolve the issue.
So, with no further discussion, let’s get down to it, shall we?
Resolved: Netgear Orbi RBR50 Firmware Updated Failure
Follow the tips outlined below to get rid of the Netgear Orbi firmware update failure issue:
1. Restart the Orbi RBR50 Router
Of course, you would’ve rebooted your Orbi RBR50 router the minute you came across the firmware update failure issue. But, are you sure that you did it the right way? No? In that case, here are the instructions that you need to follow in order to restart your device:
● Switch the wall socket that you’re using.
● Pull the power cable attached to your Orbi from the socket.
● Disconnect all the extra devices connected to your Netgear Orbi router.
● Give your Orbi device a minute or two to rest.
● Now, create a connection between the router and satellite.
● Connect the power cable to your Orbi router.
● Plug the device back into the wall socket.
● Oh, and, don’t forget to press the Power button on the Orbi.
Once the power LED light of your Netgear Orbi RBR50 router turns solid green, try to update its firmware by access the orbilogin web page.
2. Change the Location of the Orbi Satellite
Another thing to do in order to get rid of the Orbi firmware update failure issue is to relocate the Orbi satellite. Make sure that your Orbi satellite is placed in a super-clean area. Also, place your Netgear Orbi satellite close to the Orbi router.
If possible, place your device away from transmitting appliances and electronic devices. Doing these couple of things will surely contribute in helping you get rid of the Netgear Orbi firmware update issue.
3. Have a Strong Internet Connection
See whether your WiFi device has access to a blazing-fast internet connection or not. If it doesn’t, then make sure that your Netgear Orbi RBR50 router is properly connected to the modem. It is recommended that you use a cable to connect both your WiFi devices.
Also, to avoid further internet-related issues, ensure that the cable you use isn’t worn-out or loose. If this step still doesn’t help you in getting rid of the Netgear Orbi firmware update failure issue, then it’s high time that you update the firmware of your Orbi RBR50 device manually.
4. Update the Netgear Orbi Manually
Here are the step-by-step guidelines you need to go through in order to update the firmware of your Netgear Orbi RBR50 manually:
- Turn on your laptop and access the orbilogin.net web page.
- Once you’ve successfully logged in, go to the Settings option.
- Click on the Firmware Update button.
- Make sure that you download the latest version of firmware for your Orbi device.
- Give the process a couple of minutes.
- Then, upload the firmware file once it gets downloaded.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to finish updating your Netgear Orbi RBR50.
And there, you are done. If you go through the steps mentioned above carefully, you’ll surely be able to update the firmware of your Netgear Orbi device without any hassle. On the off chance if the Orbi firmware update failure persists, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our team of experts. They will help you fix the issue just in a matter of time.