Guidelines to Perform Orbi WiFi Setup Using the Manual Method
Are Netgear routers and extenders not satisfying your internet-related needs? If the answer to the question is yes, then why don’t you consider performing Orbi WiFi setup? Setting up a Netgear Orbi device won’t just enhance the WiFi coverage range but also eliminate dead spots.
Although setting up an Orbi in your home can sound challenging as you have no idea how the device works, but in reality, it isn’t. Want to know how? Through this guide, we’ll provide you with step-by-step instructions on how to set up a Netgear Orbi by using the manual method. So, let’s get down to it.
Instructions to Perform Orbi WiFi Setup Manually
The setup process of the Netgear Orbi begins with creating a connection between the router and the modem. After you power on your Orbi device, make sure that you connect it with the existing modem. Instead of using a wireless source to connect both your WiFi devices, make use of an Ethernet cable.
The reason being, a wired connection is a safer and more reliable option to connect devices as compared to a wireless connection. Also, ensure that the cable you’re using has no cuts or breakage. Otherwise, you might end up getting stuck with unwanted technical glitches while trying to perform Orbi WiFi setup.
Time to Set Up the Satellite
Once you are done configuring the hardware of your Netgear Orbi router, its’ time to give attention to the Orbi satellite. Mentioned below are the things that you need to consider in order to set up the satellite:
- Place the Orbi satellite in close proximity with the Orbi router.
- Ensure that there is a safe distance between both the WiFi devices.
- Do not place the satellite near a concrete wall. Or else, the WiFi signals will get blocked.
- Press the Sync button on the Netgear Orbi satellite.
- Wait patiently for the Orbi router and satellite to get synced properly.
Access the Web User Interface
The next step in line is to access the web user interface of your Netgear Orbi WiFi router. To do that, here are the instructions that you need to follow:
- Open Google Chrome on your computer.
- Enter orbilogin.com in the URL bar of the web browser.
- Press the Enter key to proceed further.
- If the default web address isn’t working, then you can make use of the default IP address.
Enter the Default Login Credentials
- The Netgear Orbi login window will appear on your screen.
- Enter the required details in the field and click on the Log In option.
- The required details include the default login username and password of your device.
Once you successfully log into your Netgear Orbi router, follow the on-screen instructions displayed on the Netgear Genie dashboard.
And with that, you’ve completed the Orbi WiFi setup process.
Remember: Walk through the guidelines mentioned above in the exact way that they’ve been written. Only then, you will be able to perform Netgear Orbi WiFi setup without any hassle.
In case, despite being on the safe side you aren’t able to perform Orbi setup, then feel free to get in touch with our team of professionals. Just pick up your phone and give us a call at 1-877-772-6468 for immediate assistance.