June 8, 2023 / Bruce Martin
Netgear Orbi IP Address Not Working? Let’s Get That Fixed!
The Netgear Orbi IP address works as an alternative to the router’s default web address orbilogin.net which increases the chances of the user’s success with the login process. However, there exists a percentage of users who are unable to access the IP address of their routers. Just in case you are also unable to do Netgear Orbi login because of the non-working status of the IP address, checking out the tricks mentioned in this post is advised. Continue reading.
First of All – Reboot
Let’s begin the troubleshooting process with the timeless IT hack i.e. rebooting. Be it 2010 or 2023, the process of rebooting has been known to resolve technical glitches. There is a high possibility that your WiFi router has been overpowered by technical glitches due to which you are unable to access the Netgear Orbi IP address. Therefore, it will be no harm to opt for this hack.
Given below are the instructions following which you can reboot your router:
- Disconnect your WiFi router from satellites and modem.
- The next step is to press the Power button on the router to turn it off.
- Once done, unplug your Orbi.
- Wait for a few seconds.
- Now, re-plug your WiFi router and power it up.
- Re-establish the connections.
After rebooting the router, try to access the IP address of the router and see if it has started working or not. If not, then technical glitches were not the culprit. There might be some other reasons causing the problems. What are they? You’ll get to know about them in the next section.
Why is Netgear Orbi IP Address Not Working?
- The power being supplied to your WiFi router is inconsistent.
- You have not connected your router to the host modem properly.
- There’s an internet issue from the end of your Internet Service Provider.
- You are trying to access the IP address using a device infected with viruses.
- The client device [laptop or computer] in use is not accessing the router’s network..
- Wrong entrée of the IP address can also result in the issue in discussion.
- An unsupported web browser is being used.
- The search bar of the web browser has been employed for accessing the Netgear Orbi IP address.
So, these were the reasons why users can’t access the IP address of their WiFi routers. The next section will reveal how to address the issue properly. However, you are suggested to upgrade the internet browser that you are using in the process. It has been noticed that 90% of Netgear users are unable to get success with the login process because of outdated browsers. You should also look forward to erasing its cache and cookies. If it doesn’t work, move to the next section.
Solutions: Netgear Orbi IP Address Not Working
- Connect your WiFi router to an active power source. Use a UPS in case of power outages.
- Make sure that your Orbi router and modem share a finger-tight connection.
- Contact your ISP to verify if there’s an internet issue from his end. If it is, ask him to fix it.
- Run a virus scan on your client device and delete any infected files [if there are any].
- Make your computer or laptop in use access the router’s WiFi network.
- Ensure that you are using the correct Netgear Orbi IP address. Refer to the user manual to know the exact value.
- Try switching to a different internet browser.
- Verify that you are not attempting to access the router’s IP through the search bar of the browser.
After you’re done following the aforementioned tips, accessing the Netgear Orbi IP address will become possible for you. However, these techniques won’t be able to assist you if the IP address of your router has been changed in the past and you’ve forgotten it. In that case, try accessing the default URL or reconfigure your router after resetting it.
Netgear Orbi IP Address – FAQs
1. What is the default Netgear Orbi IP?
The default IP address of a major proportion of Orbi routers is https://192.168.1.1. However, some routers support the use of https://10.0.0.1. Therefore, you should always refer to the user manual of the router to know the exact IP address.
2. How do I access my Orbi IP?
Simply, load an internet browser on a PC and move to the address bar. Input the default IP address of the router and hit Enter. If the login page appears, it means you succeeded.
3. How to change Netgear Orbi IP address?
Log in to your router using valid admin details. After that, select Internet. Click Use Static IP address under the Internet IP Address. Insert the required details and select the Use These DNS Servers options. Save the settings after providing some other details.