October 6, 2022 / Maggie Wilson
Is Your Netgear Orbi Keeps Rebooting?
Dependence on WiFi devices can help you get online, but it can also lead to a lot of frustration. Millions of people around the world use Orbi, so it’s not surprising that they all have different problems. Even the best Orbi models can start to bother you now and then. From orbilogin not working to technical problems, overheating, and slow internet, we have heard it all. Now, a new question is going around the Internet: “Why my Netgear Orbi keeps rebooting?”
The problem can happen for many different reasons. Well, you don’t need to give up! We think you should try to solve the problem instead of moping around and worrying about it. In this blog post, we show you different ways to fix your Orbi when it’s not working right. The following is a list of potential solutions to the problem where your Netgear Orbi keeps rebooting.
Troubleshooting: Netgear Orbi Keeps Rebooting
1. Update Orbi’s Firmware
If the firmware on your Orbi is out of date, you may be having trouble with the problem at hand. We suggest that you update the firmware of your Orbi right away to fix the problem. But when you update the firmware, you should keep in mind the model number of the device.
To ensure that your Orbi has the most recent firmware, follow the steps that are outlined below:
- Start up your computer and navigate to your preferred web browser.
- In the URL field, type the default web address.
- You will be prompted to enter your login credentials.
- Complete the needed fields and go to the area where you may modify the settings.
- Find the option to update the firmware and click on it.
- If updated firmware is available for your Orbi model, follow the on-screen instructions to get it.
As soon as you’re done updating the firmware, check to see if the Netgear Orbi keeps rebooting issue has been fixed. If there are no results, move on to the next hack.
2. Check both ends of the cable connections
The connection between your Orbi router and modem is something you need to check. If a cable was used to connect the two devices, check to see if it still works. Also, make sure it is not broken in any way. If the old cable is causing difficulties, obtain a new one right away. You may connect your Orbi and modem wirelessly if you don’t have a spare cord.
Besides that, you also need to check your device’s power cable. Over time, the cable may become loose. As a result, ensure that it is tightly attached.
3. Look at the WPS button
You might be wondering what the WPS button has to do with the Netgear Orbi keeps rebooting issue. There is, though!
If you used WPS to connect your router and modem, there is a chance that the button got stuck in the middle and caused your Orbi to keep rebooting. So, you should keep an eye on the button and see if it’s being pressed correctly.
4. Broken hardware can also be the cause
If none of the solutions have worked so far and your Netgear Orbi keeps rebooting, there may be a problem with the hardware.
So, check your device’s hardware to make sure it isn’t broken. If it’s broken, the only option is to replace it with a new one.
5. Check to see if your Orbi is too hot
Have you put your device on top of something electronic, like a fridge or microwave? If so, you will keep having trouble with your Netgear Orbi.
If you want to get the most out of your Orbi, you must always put it in the right spot. Keep the following in mind when positioning your Orbi:
- Place the Orbi in a central area in your house.
- Place it on a higher surface, but not one that gives off heat.
- Don’t hide your Orbi in a cabinet.
- Keep it away from devices that cause interference, like walkie-talkies, Bluetooth speakers, etc.
- Make sure there are no reflective surfaces, metal appliances, or aluminum studs near your Orbi.
Once you’re done moving the device, check to see if the Netgear Orbi keeps rebooting problem is solved. If you’re still having trouble and your Orbi keeps restarting all day, contact our technical experts for quick help.