Installing Netgear Orbi WiFi 6 System RBK753 with Existing WiFi
Recently a Netgear Orbi user asked a query regarding Orbi WiFi 6. It was asked whether a Netgear Orbi WiFi 6 system RBK753 can be installed to extend an existing home WiFi or not. If yes then how this can be done? What are the factors that affect the WiFi network while installing an Orbi WiFi 6 RBK753 with an already existing WiFi network? All the answers will be revealed in this blog. We recommend you walk through the information given in this blog and get the answers to your questions.
Netgear Orbi WiFi 6 System RBK753: Installation
Before we provide the answer to the question of whether you can install the Netgear Orbi WiFi 6 system RBK753 with an existing home system, we would like you to know the installation process of Netgear Orbi RBK753. The entire installation process is very easy. Here is how you can do it:
- First of all, you need to unbox your Netgear Orbi RBK753. Keep any user manuals or accessories with care.
- Now, choose a clean and dry place to place your Orbi. Find a place where there is an active wall socket available so that you can plug the Orbi device in.
- Next, plug the power adapter into the wall socket and turn the power button on.
- It is now time to get hold of your smartphone. Unlock your phone and head toward Play Store or App Store.
- In the search bar, type Netgear Orbi app, and when the search results show up, tap on the correct result to begin downloading the app.
- Right after the Netgear Orbi app is installed, tap on the icon and launch it.
- Accept the terms and conditions by clicking on the ‘I agree’ option.
- After answering a few prompts, you will see a form open up.
- Fill in the required details and create an Orbi account.
- As soon as the Orbi account has been created, you will be asked to set up your Orbi device.
- So, keep following the instructions that you view on your screen and get through the process.
That’s it! This is the simple process of setting up Netgear Orbi WiFi 6 system RBK753 at your home.
Can Netgear Orbi RBK753 be Setup with Existing WiFi?
Now we should move to the question under discussion i.e. is it possible to install the Orbi system with an already existing home WiFi? The answer to this question is Yes! Of course, you can set up your Netgear Orbi WiFi 6 system RBK753 or any other Orbi WiFi mesh system with an already in place home WiFi. But this will cause double NAT. When there is more than one router in place then double NAT happens.
What is Double NAT?
Double NAT happens when you are connecting your router to another router. Each router performs NAT, so double NAT occurs by having two routers in place. The network gets split into 2 separate private networks. The devices that are accessing one private network will have communication issues with the devices that are accessing the other network. You might experience issues while playing online games, making VPN connections, port forwarding, etc.
How to Fix the Issue at Hand?
Now, what you can do to fix the double NAT trouble? A simple fix to ensure a stable network using the Netgear Orbi WiFi 6 system RBK753 is to set up your Netgear Orbi router in AP mode. This simple trick will take care of the double NAT issue.
So, without wasting any further minutes get your Netgear Orbi installed with your existing home WiFi network using the Orbi app. For your information, you can also set up your Netgear Orbi WiFi mesh system using the manual method. For this you simply need to access the Netgear Orbi login page on a web browser on your PC. You simply need to put www.orbilogin.com in the URL bar of the browser and you will be accessing the Orbi login page. Here you need to follow the on-screen prompts and complete the setup process easily.
Need More Help?
Here we conclude our blog. We hope we were able to provide you with satisfactory answers to the questions under discussion. If you need additional information about the same, or if you want to know how to set up your Netgear Orbi WiFi 6 system RBK753 manually, then you can get in touch with our technical team at any point in time.