Enabling Netgear Orbi VPN Service: What You Need to Know?
Orbi mesh WiFi systems are top-notch networking systems that can turn any dead zone into a fun zone after being installed. Users can install and manage their Orbi WiFi system either by accessing orbilogin.com or using the Orbi mobile application. However, users often face problems accessing their home network system when they are away from their houses. In that scenario, enabling the Netgear Orbi VPN service is suggested by experts. What is the significance of the Orbi VPN service and how to enable it on the WiFi router? This post will explain everything. Stick to reading.
What is Netgear Orbi VPN Service?
Orbi VPN service is nothing but a feature that lets the user manage the home WiFi network when he/she is not available in the home. FYI, VPN stands for Virtual Private Network that lets you access the internet securely on your device with respect to another geographical location. It means if you are not present at the current location of your network, you can access its settings after enabling this feature on the router. By default, this feature is enabled on an Orbi WiFi router. However, there are times when the Netgear Orbi VPN setup needs to be done manually. The instructions mentioned in the next section will provide you with an overview of enabling VPN service on a Netgear Orbi WiFi router.
How to Do Netgear Orbi VPN Setup?
Here’s how you can allow VPN clients to access your mesh WiFi system’s internet connection by accessing the orbilogin default URL:
- Launch an internet browser on a computer or laptop.
- Input orbilogin.com or orbilogin.net and hit Enter.
- You will see the Netgear Orbi admin window.
- Here, enter the password and username of your WiFi router and select Log In.
- The BASIC Home page a.k.a. Netgear Orbi dashboard will show up.
- Move to the tab labeled “Advanced” and click it.
- Thereafter, select “VPN Service” followed by “Advanced Setup”.
- You will land on the Netgear Orbi VPN service page.
- Select the “Enable VPN Service” option.
- Scroll down and select the devices that will be allowed to use a VPN connection.
- You need to select the “All sites on the Internet & Home Network” option.
- Click Apply and the changes will become effective in no time.
This is how you can enable VPN on a Netgear Orbi router. However, after you are done saving the VPN settings, you can download the configuration file on devices on which you wish to access your Orbi via VPN. Although enabling the VPN service on a Netgear router is an easy process, still there is a possibility that you get stuck with the process. In that scenario, you need to check whether the dynamic DNS feature is enabled on your Orbi device. If it is not, then you can take the help of the next section to create a dynamic DNS account and enable Netgear Orbi VPN service thereafter.
How to Enable Dynamic DNS Feature on Orbi?
- Log in to your Orbi WiFi router by putting default values of admin details to use.
- As soon as you cross paths with the Netgear Orbi dashboard, reach the Dynamic DNS page via Advanced > Advanced Setup > Dynamic DNS.
- Now, check the “Use a Dynamic DNS Service” box.
- Select “Netgear” in the Service Provider list and click the “No” radio button.
- Enter the required information i.e. the Host Name, Email, and Password.
- Click Register.
- Go through the instructions displayed on the screen to complete the creation of a Dynamic DNS account.
This is how you can create or enable a Dynamic DNS feature on your Netgear Orbi router. Once done, try to do Netgear Orbi VPN setup again and see if you get success with the process this time. If not, then consider checking the cable connections related to your Orbi mesh WiFi system and ensure that there are no power fluctuations. After you take care of all of these factors, there’s nothing that can block your path to enable VPN service on a Netgear Orbi WiFi router.
The Final Note
Netgear has facilitated its users to access their Orbi devices even after being away from the house. All this is possible due to the Netgear Orbi VPN setup. We are now expecting that you will be able to enable this feature on your mesh WiFi router using the aforementioned steps. However, if you are still facing issues with the process or are unable to make use of VPN service even after enabling it on your wireless router, consider turning to our experts. They’ll not leave you disappointed.