How to Activate Netgear Armor Subscription Using Orbi App?
Netgear Armor is one of the many amazing features of Netgear that actively safeguards your wireless device from cyber threats by blocking malicious websites and applications. If you want to activate the subscription of this feature, consider walking through this post. Here, we have penned down the steps that will help you activate Netgear Armor subscription with an activation code using the Orbi app. Stick to reading.
Guidelines to Activate Netgear Armor Subscription
Download the Orbi App
- Unlock your mobile device.
- Head over to the Google Play Store if you are using an Android, and go to the Apple App Store if you are the owner of an iOS device.
- Type Netgear Orbi app in the search bar.
- Tap the Search icon.
- From the displayed list of results, select the Orbi app.
- Tap the Download button.
- In some time, the Netgear Orbi app will get installed on your mobile device.
Perform Netgear Orbi Login
- As soon as the app gets installed, launch it.
- When prompted, input the default Netgear Orbi login credentials.
- Tap Log In.
- You will find yourself on the dashboard of your Orbi.
Activate Netgear Armor
- Navigate to the Security option.
- Select Armor.
- The Armor page will come into view.
- Tap Activate Code.
- Enter your activation code.
- In some time, your Netgear Armor subscription will become active.
And you are done! In this manner, you will successfully be able to activate the Netgear Armor subscription with an activation code using the Orbi app. In case you come across any issues while doing so, feel free to follow the troubleshooting hacks mentioned below.
Want to take the easier route? Reach out to our technical experts.
Can’t Activate Netgear Armor Subscription?
1. Check the Power Supply
One of the major reasons why you are not able to activate Netgear Armor subscription is because your Orbi router is not getting an adequate and fluctuation-free power supply. To troubleshoot the issue, plug your device into another wall socket.
2. Don’t Perform Background Activities
Whenever an application is getting installed, it demands a no-interruption zone. In simple words, if you are playing games on your mobile device or performing any other background activities, it might stop the Orbi app from getting downloaded. Thereby, disabling you from activating Netgear Armor subscription.
3. Enter the Correct Admin Details
In order to activate Armor, you need to access the dashboard of your Orbi via the default orbilogin username and password. However, if you use incorrect login credentials, you might not be able to log in to your device for the needful. Therefore, make sure that you use the correct admin details to successfully activate Armor subscription.
4. Install Antivirus Software
Chances are that your mobile device is infected with a virus. To get rid of it, it is recommended that you install antivirus software on your mobile device by going to the Google Play Store (Android) or Apple App Store (iOS).
5. Avoid Signal Interference
Last, but not least, make sure that your mobile device and Netgear Orbi router are not placed anywhere near the following things:
- Cordless phones
- Washing machines
- Baby monitors
- Fish tanks
- Bluetooth speakers
- Aluminum studs
- Microwave ovens
- Concrete walls
Once you are done following these hacks, try to activate Netgear Armor subscription again and see if you are able to successfully complete the process.
The Bottom Line
Although activating Netgear Armor subscription using the Orbi app is a piece of cake, many users still face issues during the process. However, if you follow the guidelines mentioned above, you will go through no such thing. By any chance, you do, feel free to get in touch with our well-versed technical experts for help. They are working, day and night, to assist Netgear Orbi users fix their issues.