March 22, 2022 / Maggie Wilson
How to Enable Circle Smart Parental Controls on Orbi Router?
Watching your kid accessing the internet without anyone’s help is one of the best feelings in the world. But, have you ever wondered about the activities performed by your kid on the internet? No? Well, now is the time. The internet today is full of content that not only distracts kids from their goals but also impacts their mental health. So, keeping a tab on children’s online activities has become important. Thankfully, Orbi routers let you do that with the help of the Circle Smart Parental Controls feature. This post talks about the Parental Controls feature and consists of guidelines to enable it on the Netgear Orbi router. Continue reading.
What is Circle Smart Parental Controls Feature?
As mentioned above, Circle Smart Parental Controls feature lets you monitor your kid’s devices connected to the Orbi router’s WiFi network. Once you enable this feature on your Orbi router, you will get the following benefits:
- You can set time limits for the daily internet usage on your kids’ devices.
- The internet connection on client devices subjected to parental controls can be paused.
- You will be able to set an individual filter level for each WiFi-enabled device present in your home network.
- You can also set a bedtime for your family member’s devices.
Now that you have learned the benefits of enabling the Circle Smart Parental Controls feature on your Orbi router, have a walk through the steps mentioned below to enable it .
Steps to Enable Smart Parental Controls on Router
To enable parental controls on your Netgear Orbi device, you can either access the orbilogin page on a web browser or use the Orbi app. Below, we’ve shed light on both methods.
Enable Parental Controls via Orbilogin Page
- Plug your Netgear Orbi router into a non-damaged wall outlet and power it up.
- Connect the Orbi router to the modem.
- Once done, open a web browser like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Microsoft Edge, etc. on your PC.
Note: Ensure that the web browser you are using to enable the Circle Smart Parental Controls feature on your Orbi router is updated as well as cache-free.
- Now, head over to the URL field of the web browser.
- Type the default web address of your Netgear Orbi router.
- Press the Enter key.
- The Netgear Orbi login page will appear prompting you to log in to your WiFi device.
- So, enter the default username and password of your Netgear Orbi router in the given fields.
- Click the Log In button.
- You will reach the BASIC Home screen.
- Now, select the Parental Controls option under the Basic menu.
- The Parental Controls page will come into view.
- Toggle the slider to the right to enable parental controls on your Orbi device.
- Click the Apply button and follow a few on-screen instructions.
- The Circle Smart Parental Controls is now active on your Netgear Orbi router.
- Ensure that your Orbi router, as well as the existing modem are getting fluctuation-free electricity.
- Now, unlock your mobile device and launch the Orbi app.
- Log in to your Netgear Orbi router by providing the required details.
- The Netgear Genie dashboard will welcome you.
- Tap the Parental Controls option.
- On the Parental Controls page, move the Enable Circle slider to right.
- Now, go through the on-screen instructions and complete the process of enabling the Circle Smart Parental Controls on your Orbi router.
- Ensure that your Netgear Orbi router is running on its latest firmware version.
- Verify that your Orbi router is not working in the AP mode. If it is, consider switching the operating mode to the Router mode.
That’s how you can enable parental controls on your Orbi router by accessing the Orbi login page on a web browser. If you face any issues amidst the process, ping our experts.
Enable Circle Smart Parental Controls via Orbi App
Note: If you haven’t downloaded the Orbi app yet, visit the Google Play Store or the App Store as per the availability of your mobile device and download it.
After following the above-mentioned guidelines, you will be able to enable parental controls on your Orbi router. Just in case you don’t, read the following instructions.
Can’t Enable Circle Smart Parental Controls?
The Bottom Line
Did you get success in enabling the Circle Smart Parental Controls on your Orbi router? It looks like you are still having bad luck. No worries! Get in touch with our experts and get parental controls enabled on your Orbi router in no time.