Getting Orbi Not Found Error During Setup via App (Solved)
I have a problem installing my Orbi RBK753 mesh WiFi system through the app from my iPhone. Everything worked fine until the Orbi not found error message showed up white going through the steps appearing on the screen. Why I cannot install my Orbi mesh system? Any help will be appreciated. – An Orbi user.
Are you facing a similar problem installing your mesh system? Well, we can understand the situation. Keeping this in mind, we’ve jotted down a few tips and tricks here that you can use to make your mesh system up and running through the Orbi app on iPhone in a flash.
Are You Connected to the Orbi WiFi?
Before you buckle up to try your hands on any technique highlighted in the write-up, we would like to ask you a simple question. Are you connected to the WiFi network of your Netgear Orbi RBK753 system? If not, then do the honors right away. Errors are most likely to appear during the installation process when your device (here iPhone) is not connected to the WiFi network of the Orbi.
Topmost Causes: Orbi Not Found During Setup
If your iPhone is sharing a WiFi connection with the RBK753 network and you are still getting the Orbi not found error message, then it might be happening because of these reasons.
1) Mobile Data is Active: When you activate your cellular data as well as connect your mobile phone to the Orbi network, there are high chances that the phone will attempt to drift toward the cellular network. It happens because you have not configured your Orbi yet and the mobile will try to catch signals from the prominent network.
2) You are Too Far: The Orbi not found error message is likely to show up on the app when you try to use your mobile phone out of the range of the Orbi network. In this case, the iPhone or your client device will shift its focus to already saved networks and hence end up connecting to one of them.
In light of the points mentioned above, we recommend you DISABLE THE MOBILE DATA and GET IN THE RANGE OF THE ORBI ROUTER to fix the problem occurring during the installation process.
Solutions: Orbi (RBK753) Not Found During Setup on App
1) Turn WiFi Off/On: You can try turning off/on the WiFi option of your mobile phone and then attempting to set up the Orbi RBK753 mesh system. You just need to tap the WiFi icon once to turn it off and tap it again to do the exact opposite. But, make sure that you wait enough before turning on the WiFi option again.
2) Restart the Router: Restarting the router can also help you get rid of unwanted errors appearing during the installation of the Orbi mesh system. This is because technical glitches might affect your router’s ability to work well. In that scenario, power cycling/restarting is the best tool you have in hand to resolve the problem.
3) Update the App: You can also look forward to updating the Orbi mobile application to get the problem resolved. There are times when a mobile application starts behaving weirdly in the absence of a stable update. Thus, you need to navigate to the app store and install the Orbi app’s latest stable version for your iPhone.
Note: Just in case you are using an Android mobile for the installation process of your Orbi RBK753, it is recommended that you update the app through the Google Play Store. You also need to make sure that the app version installed on your iPhone/Android does not belong to any third party.
4) Perform a Factory Reset: If you are getting the Orbi not found error message for the RBK753 mesh system even after implementing the above-given tips, reset the router. It will eradicate all the major/minor problems that might be stopping you from completing the Orbi setup process. You just need to look for and press the RESET button located on the Orbi RBK753 unit. But, be sure to do it with the help of a paper clip or a pin.
To Sum Up
Getting the Orbi not found error message during the setup process is not a biggie. Just CONNECT TO THE ROUTER’S WIFI, TURN OFF MOBILE DATA, REJOIN THE ORBI NETWORK, and RESTART THE ROUTER. If that fails, PERFORM FACTORY RESET. This will surely help. Now, all we can have isthe hope that you will be able to install your RBK753 mesh system with the help of the techniques given here.