Can’t Change Verification Phone Number for Netgear Orbi WiFi 6
I want to change the verification mobile number for my NETGEAR ORBI ACCOUNT but I’m unable to find any option to do that after I log in to the account. I searched thoroughly but all my efforts were of no avail. How can I change the verification number so that I can use services for my Netgear Orbi WiFi 6 router? Any help will be appreciated. – A Netgear Orbi user.
If you find this situation relatable somehow, then congratulations! This post is going to highlight all the aspects related to the Orbi account verification. Well, if we consider this particular case, the user mighthave not enabled two-factor authentication for the Netgear Orbi account. Therefore, he/she is supposed to add a two-factor authentication (2FA) device to the Netgear account. One can do this via the Orbi mobile application. The steps to complete the process are highlighted in the next section.
How to Add 2FA Device Using Orbi App?
If you’ve enabled the 2FA feature for the NETGEAR ACCOUNT, you can use trusted devices for the login process without the use of 2FA. You should only do this for devices that you generally carry with you. For example, a mobile phone or tablet. Here’s how to get success with the process:
- Download and launch the ORBI app on the targeted device.
- You will see the app dashboard.
- Locate the HOME icon and tap it. In some cases, you will have to tap the CLOUD icon.
- Go to ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT and tap LOG OUT.
- Now, select SIGN IN TO EXISTING ACCOUNT and input the NETGEAR ACCOUNT EMAIL and PASSWORD.
- Tap Log In.
- On the primary 2FA device, approve the login process through push notification or SMS.
- Tap TRY ANOTHER METHOD and then CONTINUE.
- You will receive a login code on the email address registered with the NETGEAR account.
- Input the login code and select CONTINUE.
- To add the device tap TRUST DEVICE.
This is how you can add a device for 2FA to your Netgear account. These instructions will also help if you don’t have access to the primary 2FA device. Now, you can manage your Netgear Orbi WiFi 6 router using the device you’ve just added.
What is Primary 2FA Device?
This is to inform you that the primary 2FA device that you used the first time when you enabled the two-factor authentication feature on your device. In other words, it will be the device that will get 2FA push login notifications or SMS messages for verification. However, you need to set the primary device as a trusted device.
How toRemove a Trusted 2FA Device from Netgear Account?
If you no longer have access to the primary device that you used to manage the Netgear Orbi WiFi 6 mesh router through the Orbi app, you can simply remove that device. The steps to remove a trusted device from the NETGEAR ACCOUNT are mentioned below:
- Load the Orbi application.
- Tap HOME/CLOUD > ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT.
- You need to tap the LOGIN SETTINGS option now.
- Select TWO-STEP VERIFICATION.
- Choose MY TRUSTED DEVICES.
- Find the device to be removed and swipe left.
- Tap REMOVE DEVICE > REMOVE.
The trusted device has successfully been removed from your Netgear account. You can now use the device that you previously added to access the Netgear Orbi WiFi 6 router. And yes, you can simply use the phone number running on that particular device.
If you can’t add a verification phone number for Netgear Orbi, you must add a new device to the NETGEAR ACCOUNT and set it as a TRUSTED DEVICE. Once you do that, you will have the ability to remove the device that you no longer have access to.
We hope that after reading the steps given in the post, you will be able to add a trusted 2 factor authentication device to your Netgear account for the Netgear Orbi WiFi 6 management process. Not only this, but you will also be able to remove the previous device. Just in case, you are in the mood for removing the device you’ve just added, it is suggested that you follow the steps to remove the 2FA device. Now, start managing your Orbi WiFi 6 after logging in through the two-factor authentication approach.