Netgear Orbi Firmware Update Failure [Solved 2020]
To ensure the smooth functioning of Netgear orbi, it is recommended to update its firmware whenever a new version available. Both the orbi router and satellite are set to update their firmware automatically. However, sometimes, your router and satellite may fail to auto-update their firmware. And the Netgear orbi firmware update failure may result in a lot of issues.
Generally, this issue happens because of a weak or slow internet connection. Fortunately, orbi firmware update failed error can be resolved with a few simple troubleshooting tips. And this post covers all those troubleshooting tips to help you fix the orbi firmware issues. Let’s delve in.
Fix: Netgear Orbi Firmware Update Failure
1. Power Cycle Your Orbi Router and Satellite
Walkthrough the steps mentioned below to power cycle your orbi device:
- Switch off the power socket in which your orbi device is plugged in.
- Disconnect all the cables that are connected between the orbi router and satellite.
- Wait for some time.
- Now, connect your orbi router and satellite.
- Turn on both the devices.
Once done, try to access the orbilogin page and check whether the router has started to auto-update its firmware or not.
2. Relocate Your Orbi Satellite
Place your orbi satellite to a neat and clean area in your home. Also, try to place the satellite near the router. For example, if you are using orbi AC2200 model, then you need to place its satellite near to the orbi CBR40 router.
Doing so will ensure that your satellite is receiving enough WiFi signals to perform orbi firmware update process. Apart from this, you need to also make sure that the orbi device is placed away from interference-creating objects such as security alarms, baby monitors, cordless phones, Bluetooth devices, etc.
3. Check the Internet Connectivity
Check the speed of your home WiFi network. If the network is weak, your orbi router will not be able to update its firmware.
We hope that these troubleshooting steps have helped you fix the Netgear orbi firmware update failed issue. But on the off chance if you are still facing the same issue, try to manually update the firmware of your orbi device. Here’s how.
How to Update Netgear Orbi Firmware Manually?
Follow the steps highlighted below to manually update your Netgear orbi firmware:
1. First and foremost, download the latest version of firmware depending on the orbi model you own. For instance, if you own Netgear orbi AC2200, then keep in mind to download the firmware version for AC2200 only.
2. Now, turn on your computer or laptop.
3. Launch an internet browser on it.
4. Log in to your orbi device.
5. Once logged in, navigate to the Firmware Update section.
6. Click on the Browse option and upload the downloaded firmware file.
7. Wait until the firmware file gets uploaded completely.
8. Now, follow the on-screen instructions to update Netgear orbi firmware.
And there you are! You are successfully done with the Netgear orbi firmware update. In case you are still seeing the orbi firmware update failure error, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our highly-experienced technicians. They will resolve the issue in a matter of minutes.