Here’s How You Perform the Orbi Factory Reset
The Netgear Orbi is one of the most powerful WiFi networking devices. It offers you uninterrupted access to the internet, whether that is in your home or office. Unfortunately, this wonderful invention of modern internet technology might act funny at times. For example, the Orbi might disconnect from the internet all of a sudden. Don’t worry, the only thing you have to know is how to perform the Orbi Factory Reset.
To reset Orbi, you should first know about the different reset Orbi methods. The information below will help you know both.
Methods for Orbi Factory Reset
There are two different methods through which you can reset Orbi with ease:
1. Soft Reset
You perform the soft reset for the Netgear Orbi router through the router’s web interface. Soft reset depends on the firmware version and sends the device back to its factory default settings.
To do the Soft reset for the Orbi Factory Reset, you should follow the steps mentioned below.
Steps for Soft Reset
- Launch a web browser.
- In the browser’s address bar, enter the Orbi router’s IP address.
- Hit the Enter key.
- The orbilogin window will display.
- Enter the router username and password. It opens the Basic Home page.
- Now, click on the Advanced option then Reset.
For this method to help you complete the Orbi Factory Reset, there are a few things you should keep in mind.
- Ensure the Netgear Orbi router is receiving sufficient power supply.
- Make sure you enter the router web address in the address bar and not the search bar of the web browser.
- The username and password are case-sensitive. Make sure you do not accidently power on the Caps Lock key while entering them in the given space.
The second method you can use to perform Orbi Factory Reset is a hard reset. Come! Let us see what this method is.
2. Hard Reset
If the soft reset does not yields the desired result, you now have to perform a hard reset to get the things happen in an instant. In this method, you have to locate and press the reset button for the reset orbi process.
Steps for Hard Reset
- Look for the Reset button on the Netgear Orbi router.
- Found it? Good.
- Now press the Reset button carefully.
- Release the button after some time.
- The Orbi WiFi router gets restored to factory default settings.
This completes the reset orbi process. All settings that you have changed earlier will get erased. Keep in mind, Orbi WiFi router takes some time to reboot and power back ON.
Now, what you need to do is setup the Netgear Orbi WiFi router. But, before that you have to perform just one small task – reinstall the device.
Steps to Reinstall Netgear Orbi Router
- Unplug the Netgear Orbi router for some time.
- Plug the device back in.
- Connect both the modem and Netgear Orbi router with an Ethernet cable.
- Plug the Netgear Orbi into an active power outlet.
- The power LED light on the Orbi router should be ON now.
- Wait for the LED light to become stable.
Note: Keep the Orbi device in the centre of the establishment.
- Now, unlock your mobile phone.
- Open the Netgear Orbi application.
- Enter the username and password.
- Click on the Sign In option.
- The dashboard will now display the Menu option.
- Choose New Setup and follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall the device.
Let us now look at how you should install the Orbi device after you complete the reset Orbi process.
Apart from this, there is just a small thing you should remember while you are are trying to setup the Netgear Orbi router.
The Orbi’s satellite ring LED might become pulse magenta for some time as it is trying to synchronize with the Netgear Orbi router. Later, it will turn into one of the lights mentioned below for a few seconds before turning off.
- Solid Blue
- Solid Amber
- Solid Magenta
All the steps described above help you not only perform the reset orbi process but also help you setup the device to enjoy untethered access to the internet.
The Orbi Factory Reset helps you bring the device back to its factory default settings. Thus, you need not worry about having to face internet connectivity issues anymore. However, if for some reason you are still not able to perform the procedure then connect with our tech experts.