Why is My Orbi AC3000 Generally Unhappy? Any Suggestions?
Orbi mesh WiFi systems can be seen in every third house blanketing every internet dead zone with a lightning-fast WiFi speed. This does mean that users don’t face problems using Orbi. Recently, an Orbi user owning the AC3000 router started about his mesh system giving him problems. The problem was titled “Orbi AC3000 generally unhappy” and went like this:
- I have six PR5 receivers right next to the main Orbi. They randomly show up and vanish on the Airplay devices when they are connected to the Orbi network The problem worsens when the iPhone is connected to the Orbi satellite.
- My iPad faces problems staying connected to the satellite. The satellite has been given the job of covering the master bedroom and one entire corner of the house. Whenever I move through upstairs, it disconnects and reconnects multiple times.
- Even when the iPad is connected to the Orbi network properly, it acts like there is no network. WiFi signals are full but the network is slow. I need to reload a web page multiple times.
- I had to hardwire my Apple TV as I could not use the WiFi connection. It is sharing a direct connection with the hub that is connected to Orbi. It is similar to the Orbi not bridging.
- I could not connect my iPhone to my Denon AVR as it frequently gets disconnected. My AVR is connected to a Netgear Gigabit hub that directly connects to the Orbi router.
Well, this is the problem of only one user. Are you facing similar kinds of problems with your Orbi mesh network which is forcing you to think why is my Orbi AC3000 generally unhappy.
Suggestions: Orbi AC3000 Generally Unhappy
Although the techniques shared here are mentioned with respect to the case highlighted in the image, you can use them to fix general problems related to the Orbi mesh network. But, before that, ensure that your Orbi mesh units are flaunting the latest firmware version. Once ensured, you can take the help of the suggestions given below:
Suggestion 1: Check the Orbi Units Distance
The very first thing we suggest you check is the distance through which Orbi units are separated. Yes, we agree that your house may be large. But, you should not place your satellites out of the range of the Orbi main router i.e. AC3000 router. Ideally, there should be a 30 feet gap between both units.
Suggestion 2: Set the Manual Channel
Have you configured your Orbi mesh system to work on the auto channel? If yes, then it is no wonder why is your Orbi AC3000 generally unhappy. To fix all problems at once, we suggest you set the manual channel. You can choose the WiFi channel 1, 6, or 11 on the 2.4GHz band whereas 40-48 channels on the 5GHz frequency band.
Suggestion 3: Place the Router Properly
The given diagram is very well done providing a unique solution to place Phorus P5 audio systems. Especially for those who want to stream audio using already installed equipment. Let us assume that your router isn’t in the basement. However, you should place your router in the basement since some ISPs provide internet services even there when they use buried cables (instead of overhead).
Note: Your iPhone or iPad might be getting strong WiFi signals while going upstairs because it is very close to the satellite. There’s nothing wrong with that. Fluctuation in WiFi signals will be fixed if your router is operating on a suitable WiFi channel.
Suggestion 4: Enable Orbi Roaming
You can also try enabling Orbi roaming on your router if your router is still unhappy. This will ensure that the signals on your WiFi clients won’t drop even when you roam around the house. If they drop, you’ll still be connected to the Orbi unit offering a reliable internet connection.
Suggestion 5: Update the Firmware
You should update the firmware of your Orbi units (router as well as satellite). Know that when the device runs on outdated firmware, it is most likely to give connectivity issues similar to those that happened with the user mentioned in the write-up. The firmware of the Orbi AC3000 units can be updated through the Orbi app or the web portal.
The Final Note
That’s what to do if you are complaining about the Orbi AC3000 generally unhappy situation. Now, we expect that you’ve successfully addressed all the connectivity issues and are enjoying using the internet on all the IoT devices.