How Do I Set Up My Netgear Orbi Mesh WiFi With Fios?
Looking to install a Netgear Orbi mesh system with Verizon Fios? Want to learn clear instructions to carry out the setup in an easy manner? Know that half of your work is already completed since you’ve reached the right guide. Here we’ve listed the detailed information to set up Orbi mesh WiFi with Fios modem router.
Know This Before Setting Up Orbi with Fios Router!!
An Orbi mesh system has its own router. By connecting it to the Fios modem router, you are joining two routers together. To avoid Double NAT and other issues, you have two options:
1. Set Fios in bridge mode
If you are setting up your Fios in bridge mode, you can use all the features of the Netgear Orbi system. Use the steps given below:
- Log in to your Verizon Fios on the Fios app or the web browser.
- Click or tap the Advanced option.
- In the left panel, go to Network Settings and then select Network Connections.
- Now, under the Network (Home/Office) section, select Settings.
- In the Bridge section, tap or click on the checkbox next to IP Passthrough.
- Finally, save the settings.
2. Turn off WiFi on Fios
You can turn off the wireless radio on your Fios mode router and use the Orbi router in Access Point mode. However, in this case, not all the router features will be accessible. The underlying instructions will assist you to turn WiFi off on your Fios router:
- On a PC that’s connected to the Fios network, run a browser.
- Insert 192.168.1.1 in the address field and hit Enter.
- Log in by putting to use the admin details.
- Navigate to Quick Links option appearing on the left side.
- Choose Change Wireless Settings.
- Toggle the button and turn off the wireless radio.
- Check the WiFi LED on the router. It should turn off.
You can also make use of the Fios app to get this task executed. You can now connect your Netgear Orbi mesh WiFi with Fios router. The further section will assist you in making the connection to complete the Netgear Orbi setup.
Let’s Set Up Orbi Mesh WiFi with Fios Router
- You can install the Netgear Orbi with the help of the mobile app. Download the Netgear Orbi app on your phone if you’re planning to use the app. You can also set up Orbi using the web interface.
- Power off the Fios router for some time now.
- With the help of a LAN cable that came in the package, make a solid connection between the LAN port on the Fios router and the yellow Internet port on the Orbi router.
- Plug in the Fios modem router now.
- Connect the power adapter to the Orbi router and plug its second end into a wall outlet. The Power LED should turn solid green.
- The Ring light on the router should turn solid white and then pulse white. As soon as the light goes off, it is ready to be set up. This implies the router is connected to the internet.
- Now it is time you power up the Orbi satellites and let them connect to the Orbi router.
- Now, connect your mobile phone to the Orbi’s network. Use the default WiFi details by getting them from a label on the router.
- Upon connecting to Orbi, launch the Orbi app. If using web interface, then type orbilogin.net or 192.168.1.1 in the address field of a browser.
- By inputting the admin username and password of Orbi, do the login.
- Finally, keep executing the prompts that you find on your mobile screen and accomplish the setup process.
- You’ll need to assign a new WiFi SSID and password and also assign an admin password to log in to Orbi.
This way you can connect the Orbi mesh WiFi with Fios router. If you had turned off WiFi on Fios then enable AP mode on your Orbi router. Use the updated Orbi login details and log in to it on the app or web interface. Go to Advanced>Advanced Setup and select the AP mode checkbox. Save the settings by clicking on Save button and you are good to go.
The Closing Note
This way you can set up your Netgear Orbi mesh WiFi with Fios modem router. Upon completion of the setup, you’ll need to relocate the Orbi devices to different parts of the home. Your mesh system is all set to blanket your home with seamless WiFi coverage.